Private Yoga Lessons
Deepen your practice with Veronica one-on-one in a private yoga class. Whether you are looking to heal your body with yoga therapeutics, understand your individual needs in terms of alignment, or make progress towards more advanced poses, a private lesson will take you further than a public group class. Contact me anytime to schedule a private lesson.
I believe that every family deserves a calm presence and the tools to stay empowered through their birth.
My extensive experience with attending births has taken me to every hospital within the city of Chicago as well as homebirth for the past 4 years.
My journey in becoming a doula began after teaching yoga in Panama. I began training with DONA (doulas of North America) in the summer of 2011. I completed my childbirth education classes with Julie Parache and doula training intensive with Rachel Dolan Wickersham. Recently I completed a training with ToLabor and am pursuing my certification through them.
As your doula I provide:
- Two two-hour prenatal visit
- On call support 24/7 from the time we contract
- Help with forming your birthing preferences and a birth plan
- Phone support throughout pregnancy
- Borrow from my birth book library
- Emails with up-to-date evidence based research on birth
- Continous support throughout your labor and early postpartum
- Initial breastfeeding support
- Birth notes
- Photos with your camera, if you choose
- One postpartum visit
Did you know?
Numerous clinical studies have found that a doula’s presence at birth:
- Tends to result in shorter labors with fewer complications
- Reduces negative feelings about one’s childbirth experience
- Reduces the need for Pitocin (a labor-inducing drug), forceps or vacuum extraction and cesareans
- Reduces the mother’s request for pain medication and/or epidurals
Research shows parents who receive support can:
- Feel more secure and cared for
- Are more successful in adapting to new family dynamics
- Have greater success with breastfeeding
- Have greater self-confidence
- Have less postpartum depression
- Have lower incidence of abuse